medieval

Friday, April 16, 2010

"Who in Hades do you think you are? Vestal Virgins?"

This quote (from a BBC series about Emperor Claudius [but it is Augustus speaking]) is freaking hilarious. But you'd probably have to be a Classics Major (or at least Miner) to get it. I would explain it, but it's unlikely you'd think funny.

It's 3 in the morning. I have my first final in four hours. I'm somewhat hopped up on caffeine... and my left hand is shaking so bad I can barely type. It's really weird.
Wanna know what I've been doing all day? Of course you don't. But no one is reading this yet anyways, which is fine with me, considering I havn't said anything of worth.
I digress. I have been translating Latin and studying ancient Rome. And in every honesty, i have enjoyed myself doing it (so long as I forget that I'm going to be tested on it in 4 hours).

BTW, Caesar is a freaking Bad A**. I will do a post on him later. One that is more worthy of him than this. But he is definately my favorite emperor. It's not an easy feat, overcoming the Mos Maiorum. He did it single-handed. He totally owned Rome. I mean, he cared about it. But it was his. Total pwnage. And yeah, he thought a lot about himself. Who wouldn't? He was an amazing General, and great Emperor.

I know, o one cares about Caesar. Sad, but true. You poor poor people don't know what you are missing :'(

1 comment: